The Christ Hospital
Project Square Footage
The Christ Hospital was first opened by Isabella Thoburn in 1889 as Christ's Hospital with only 10 beds. Four years later, the hospital was moved from its original location to Mount Auburn and a nursing school was opened in 1902. In 1904, the hospital was officially named The Christ Hospital. It is home to many medical breakthroughs, including the first hip replacement in the nation.
Architectural Resource Consultants (ARC) was hired to provide an Existing Conditions BIM from the client provided scan data. Direct import of point cloud data into Revit was not possible during this era. However, ARC developed an innovative workflow that allowed it to very efficiently produce a Revit model from laser scan data.
ARC represented architectural, structural, mechanical, plumbing, electrical and fire protection systems within the Revit 2012 model allowing the design team to understand precisely what the existing conditions were. This significantly reduced the risk to the owner and the design team by allowing them to make informed decisions rather than base their design on bad assumptions.